[Freeswitch-users] A primitive way of getting VoLTE recordings in FreeSwitch. Looking for better ideas.

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Mon Dec 5 14:46:08 MSK 2016

One option is using mini-PCIe WAN cards that are VoLTE capable, using
the I2S bus for bidirectional digital audio. The sticking point with
this approach is that you need a backplain card with an I2S to USB
bridge in order to capture the audio. This would probably work best with
mod-gsmopen.

I searched high and low for such a thing, and managed to find one
Russian firm that had a single slot device. The downside is that it is
horrendously expensive (about $400 euros from memory), considering it
only has about $5 worth of components on it. There are proprietary
backplains, but so are their connectors, which limits you to their own
line of daughter cards.

Francis