[Freeswitch-users] E-mail a voicemail message

William Colls william at williamcollsassoc.ca
Mon Dec 5 05:35:56 MSK 2016

I am setting up the functions/procedures that will e-mail a voice mail message to a designated individual, and I have two questions.

1. Does FreeSWITCH read the message template each time it sends a message, or is the template loaded into memory at startup, and that copy used to build the message?

2. We use nullmailer as our MTA, and like freeswitch it does not run with root privilage. When the message file is written to the queue, it is written with privilage rw-------, and owner is freeswitch. Nullmailer can't read the message because it has insufficiant privilage. At the moment, we get around the problem by starting nullmailerwith UID of freeswitch, and that works, but it feels wrong to me. Is there anyway to set umask for freeswitch, so that the message is written with rw-rw----. Since both freeswitch and nullmaile are members of the group daemon, nullmailer would then be able to read the message queue while still running with its proper UID?

--
William Colls & Associates
VoIP Telephone Services