[Freeswitch-users] About terminators attribute for playback

Lin, Xiaoping xlin at soleocommunications.com
Wed Aug 31 17:07:21 MSD 2016

Hi! Mike,

Thank you for your help resolving the cache files cleaning up issue we have.

Now, I am having another question about the "terminators" attribute for playback tag.
I did not see it in the online document and I did explore and plan to use it, but I am not sure it will be supported in the future. The book "FreeSwicth 1.2" did talk about it though.

I would like to know that "terminators" will be kept as an attribute in the furture?

Many Thanks!

-    Xiaoping

************* From online : https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_httapi

<work>*ACTIONS*</work>

                    : Plays a file and optionally collects input.
ATTRS:
file                : The file
name                : Parameter name into which to save result
error-file          : Error file to play on invalid input
action              : Change the new target url
temp-action         : Change url to submit to, just for the next loop
digit-timeout       : Pause to wait for digits after file plays (when input bindings are present)
input-timeout       : Pause to wait for more digits in a multi-digit input
loops               : Maximum number of times to play the file when input bindings are present
asr-engine          : Automatic speech recognition engine to use
asr-grammar         : ASR grammar to use

======== from the book FreeSwitch 1.2
playback
playback plays a file and optionally collects input. It has the following attributes:
* file: The path to the file to play
* name: Param name to save result
* error-file: Error file to play on invalid input
* digit-timeout: Timeout waiting for digits after file plays (when input
bindings are present)
* input-timeout: Timeout waiting for more digits in a multi-digit input
* loops: Maximum number of times to play the file (when input bindings are
present)
* asr-engine: Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) engine to use
* asr-grammar: Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) grammar to use
* terminators: The keys that you want to use to immediately stop and
process the digits collected