[Freeswitch-users] presence issue: NOTIFY not sent to presence watcher when presentity registers

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Fri Aug 26 18:40:19 MSD 2016

I would like some quick feedback on whether I should open a JIRA on this — seems like a bug, but if it is a known issue please let me know.

Scenario: User 1 is subscribing to presence events for User 2.

Timeline:

1.  User 1 registers successfully (user 2 is offline/unregistered at this time).
2.  User 1 sends a SUBSCRIBE to FS for User 2.
3. FS sends a 202 Accepted to the subscribe
5. User 2 registers successfully

At this point I expect to see FS send a NOTIFY to User 1 with a status update for User 2, showing that s/he is online, but this does not happen.

Later, User 2 places an outbound call, and at that point FS _does_ send a NOTIFY with presence update (at both the start and end of the call, with correct information).
But it should have sent a NOTIFY earlier when User 2 registers.

Is this a known issue?  Should I open a JIRA with traces etc?

Environment notes:
   FS version: FreeSWITCH Version 1.6.8+git~20160505T153832Z~99de0ad502~64bit (git 99de0ad 2016-05-05 15:38:32Z 64bit)
   this is a single-node FS test — no clustering or anything like that