[Freeswitch-users] SMS Gateways / Providers

Steven Schoch schoch+freeswitch.org at xwin32.com
Thu Aug 18 02:10:04 MSD 2016

The SMS API from Flowroute is functional for this. To send an SMS, you give
it a JSON object with 3 members: "to", "from", and "body". You send this
object with a POST to https://api.flowroute.com/v2/messages/ with
authorization that you can get (and change) by logging into your account.
If the "from" element in your API call is not one of your DID numbers, then
you will get a 403 Forbidden error. The message body can be any length. If
it is longer than 160 characters, it will be split and automatically
reassembled on the phone, if the phone's carrier supports that.

They also handle receiving messages, which will be sent to a callback URL
that your specify. You can also use their API to retrieve messages that
have been previously received. I don't know how long they store them.

The don't (yet) support MMS.

--
Steve