[Freeswitch-users] Web sockets and gRPC modules?

Leonardo Lima Ribeiro llribeiro90 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 13:47:28 MSD 2016

Hello guys!

Is there any modules that we can use to make ASR using IBM Bluemix Watson Speech To Text (which accepts web sockets for streaming recognition) or Google Speech to Text API (which uses gRPC for streaming recognition)?

If there are none, do you think it’s worth it to build them (like in a new module format)? I know the current standard way is to use unimrcp, but unfortunately I could not get good results for my business cases using Sphinx, and the good services appears to be pricey… Said that, I was thinking about build modules that allows us to easily integrate to Google STT and IBM Watson STT Apis, which are the most popular and accessible services...

Thank you,