[Freeswitch-users] Skype

Rick Jarvis rick at magicmail.mooo.com
Thu Aug 4 19:53:55 MSD 2016

Skype are telling me that it is no longer possible to receive calls to Skype names / addresses (as appose to Skype numbers) via SIP with Skype Connect. Does anyone know if this is the case? Their support is awful, but this would seem a bit of a backward step, and I don’t know whether to trust what I’m being told.

The alternative is Skypopen, of course. But I notice that it has a maximum of 6 concurrent calls. Is this for resource reasons? I’m thinking of building a server to handle all Skype to SIP calls for our customers, so would be interested to know if it’s possible to bypass the limit with a beefy spec…?

Thanks