[Freeswitch-users] Faxing transcoding issues.

Andrew Cassidy andrew at cassidywebservices.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 12:55:15 MSD 2016

Good morning all,

I've been playing with faxing and t38 over the last few days. I use a
wholesale provider who detects and reinvites for t38, and have implemented
the same in my systems. Passing t38 through unmodified is not an issue.

The issue I do have, is in the event that the sender refuses the reinvite,
I'd like freeswitch to transcode. In theory, this is set up correctly, but
see this error message repeated over and over and ultimately the fax fails:

[DEBUG] mod_spandsp_fax.c:1756 sofia/external/xxx at provider.com Error
decoding UDPTL (172 bytes)

Every other scenario I have worked through is working fine.

For reference, the fax-specific dialplan entries:

<action application="export" data="fax_enable_t38=true"/>
<action application="export" data="fax_enable_t38_request=true"/>
<action application="export" data="t38_passthru=true"/>
<action application="export" data="nolocal:sip_execute_on_image=t38_gateway
self" />
<action application="set" data="execute_on_answer=t38_gateway peer" />

Thanks in advance.

--
*Andrew Cassidy BSc (Hons) MBCS SSCA*
Managing Director