[Freeswitch-users] How to detect North America RING_TONE using spandsp

Naveen Tamanam naveen32india at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 01:27:26 MSD 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to detect North America RING_TONE using spandsp Using default
settings  as mentioned follows

   <tone name="RING_TONE" description="North America ring">
         <element freq1="440" freq2="480" min="1200" max="0"/>
   </tone>

But I'm not getting consistent tone detections. Is there any thing that I
need to change to have a proper tone detection.

As per the tone/spectrum analysis using audacity. This tone is having two
frequencies 440 and 480 a mentioned in conf, but spandsp is not detecting
them.

To have a proper and consistent tone detection how much duration I should
use?

Please refer spectrum analysis of tone representing 440Hz & 480Hz
frequencies.

As per the doc min and max values represents duration. How to determine
these durations of any give tone?
What is the meaning of having max  value 0 ?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Naveen Tamanam