[Freeswitch-users] rtcp-mux on B-leg but there is no signaling in SDP

Richard Chan richard at treeboxsolutions.com
Mon Aug 1 05:38:47 MSD 2016

Hi list,

FreeSWITCH 1.6.9 and the default configurations:

FreeSWITHCH is using rtcp-mux on the B-leg without signalling in SDP (i.e.
no rtcp-mux attribute).

If I change rtcp_audio_interval_msec to passthru or say 2000 then there is
explicit rtcp-mux in the INVITE SDP.

The UAC I'm using, sends a few packets to RTP+1, FreeSWITCH sends RTCP with
source port the same as RTP, and the UAC auto-adjusts after 10 or so
packets. This UAC always includes an a=rtcp line even if the RTCP port is
RTP+1.

Is this a "bug"? I would expect FreeSWITCH to signal rtcp-mux on the B-leg.

(On the A-leg, FreeSWITCH doesn't use rtcp-mux and includes an explicit
rtcp port in SDP).

--
Richard Chan