[Freeswitch-users] Pulse / portaudio / sharing

Rick Jarvis rick.jarvis at magicmail.mooo.com
Thu Apr 21 18:11:39 MSD 2016

I’d like to monitor the audio levels on an audio interface that’s being used by mod_portaudio

I’m guessing, but I don’t know, that the best way of doing this would be to use Pulse Audio, either directly or indirectly.

I don’t know a huge deal about Pulse Audio though, and while it seems that there’s a mod_pulseaudio available, I can’t find much information on it, and there seem to be quite old unanswered questions about Pulse in relation to FreeSWITCH, on this list.

Can anyone give me any suggestions on which way I might head?