[Freeswitch-users] Verto vs SIP

Igor Olhovskiy igorolhovskiy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:11:06 MSD 2016

Hi!

>From my experience, verto is much more stable and more resource and
browser(js) friendly, than sipjs and other SIP implementations of SIP.
With various SIP libraries I’ve got strange issues, like sound delay (time
to time), not working audio in most fresh browsers, other some strange
issues. But verto was installed over a year ago and still working without
any troubles (with FS 1.5, I believe)
So, my voice is for verto.

> I'm just getting started with VoIP/SIP/WebRTC. Following the FreeSwitch
> Cookbook I've built a webclient that uses SIP signalling to establish a
> connection with FreeSwitch and then exchanges media with WebRTC. But I
> get the impression from a lot of sources that SIP is a bad fit for
> WebRTC. One datapoint that indicates this is the very existance of
> mod_verto. Why would you bother writing it if SIP, that has 10+ years of
> battle testing, was a good fit right?
>
> What I don't understand yet is why SIP is a bad fit for WebRTC? Would
> someone in the know care to muse about that?
>
> regards Oivvio

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Best regards,
Igor