[Freeswitch-users] Best way to record each leg of a call separately?

Ítalo Rossi italo at freeswitch.org
Mon Apr 11 21:38:37 MSD 2016

RECORD_STEREO or RECORD_READ_ONLY/RECORD_WRITE_ONLY

Ítalo Rossi

italo at freeswitch.org

IRC chat.freenode.net #freeswitch #freeswitch-dev

Bugs? https://freeswitch.org/jira

Docs? https://freeswitch.org/jira

Chat? https://hipchat.freeswitch.org/gUdAgy0m6

devices.com](mailto:pstarzyk at general-devices.com)> wrote:

>> I’m trying to record phone calls, and phone conferences, so that later on
their audio can be reviewed.  The requirement is for each leg of the call to
be recorded separately.  After doing some googling, one way of doing it, is by
using record_session and setting RECORD_STEREO to true.  That will result in
caller and receiver audio streams being placed in separate channels.  At that
point you could split the channels to get the individual streams.

>> Is that the recommended approach, or is there a better way (or module) to
record legs separately?

>> Also, am I correct assuming the recording is done on FreeSWITCH server?
Does that mean that each SIP client will need to send two audio streams out
(one to the other client and one to freeswitch for recording?).

>> Thanks.

[consulting at freeswitch.org](mailto:consulting at freeswitch.org)
<http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com>

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
<http://www.freeswitch.org>
<http://confluence.freeswitch.org>
<http://www.cluecon.com>

FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
[FreeSWITCH-users at lists.freeswitch.org](mailto:FreeSWITCH-

[brian at freeswitch.org](mailto:brian at freeswitch.org)

<http://www.freeswitchbook.com>
<http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com>
<https://www.gofundme.com/freeswitch_ubuntu>

[/r/freeswitch](https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch)

> **T:**+19184209001 | **F:**+19184209002 | **M:**+1918424WEST (9378)
**iNUM:**+883 5100 1420 9001 | **ISN:**410*543 | **Skype:**briankwest