[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH library for SRTP/DTLS

saurabh verrma saurabhkv01 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 22:11:24 MSD 2016

Thanks Michael,

What do you exactly mean by client & server application.?
Is it some type of SIP server/stack(server application) & SIP
endpoint(client application) that you're referring ?

Also could you please explain a bit what's the limitation in ICE in case of
client application.

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:

> is this for a client or server application?  If it is for a client
> application, we may not be the right stack for you.  We make a number of
> assumptions in our ice that is based on it being a server in order to
> improve server efficiency.
>
> On Apr 6, 2016, at 5:01 AM, saurabh verrma <saurabhkv01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m working on an application where I’m trying to use FreeSWITCH as a
> library. My intention is to use FreeSWITCH as a UAS endpoint. Basically it
> needs to be supporting following:
> 1. WebRTC
> 2. Ability to act like UAS endpoint
> 3. Support for DTLS/SRTP
> 4. ICE support
>
> I’m seeking community suggestion if that’s feasible to implement or not?
> If yes, what are the possible starting directions we could explore above
> points.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 12:24 PM, saurabh verrma <saurabhkv01 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Michael,
>>
>> Basically we're writing a PJSIP based application & PJSIP doesn't have
>> DTLS support. So we're thinking to use FreeSWITCH library for DTLS/SRTP.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 7:29 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>>
>>> we have full support for webrtc media profile which would include these
>>> features  There are not a ton of people who use freeswitch as a library,
>>> but it is built that way so that you can control it and host it in another
>>> application instead of stand alone.  If you are trying to accomplish
>>> something I'd try to handle it standalone first so you can learn all the
>>> different ways you might control it before architecting a solution
>>>
>>> On Apr 1, 2016, at 9:48 AM, saurabh verrma <saurabhkv01 at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I want to use FreeSWITCH library for DTLS/SRTP support. I want to know
>>> in freeswitch which library has the support of these features(SRTP/DTLS) ?
>>> Is there any application available based on freeswitch library ?
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciable.

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*With Warm Regards:*
*Saurabh Kumar Verma*