[Freeswitch-users] rpm.spec creates monit.d directory

Richard Screene richard.screene at netdev.co.uk
Tue Sep 29 19:09:12 MSD 2015

Hello,

The rpm.spec in the freeswitch package (at least v1.6 and master branches) will create the /etc/monit.d/ directory and copy the freeswitch.monitrc file into it.  But, the monit rpm (at least monit-5.6-1.el7.x86_64)will also try to create this directory and thus produce a conflict.

Given that the rpm.spec specifies no dependency on monit I suggest that the rpm.spec should not create the directory and should only copy the freeswitch.monitrc file if the destination directory (/etc/monit.d/ exists).

I did try to produce a patch for this but I can’t seem to clone from the repository.  I’m getting “Peer reports incompatible or unsupported protocol version.” errors.

Is there any reason why it does it like this?  Or, should I raise a JIRA?

Regards,
  Richard