[Freeswitch-users] Filtering UA's IP

Juan Pablo L. jpablolorenzetti at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 27 02:29:59 MSD 2015

Thank you Steven, that is exactly what i m going to do, i was just confused but i m clear now how to make it work. i  appreciate your feedback.

From: steveayre at gmail.com
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 20:54:50 +0100
To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Filtering UA's IP

"I can not use a router or FW or any other thing in front of the freeswitch because the same freeswitch  also serves other services that do not have this  restriction."

Could you configure the server to have another sofia profile on an additional IP address (or port if addresses are limited)?
You could then run the restricted service on that extra profile and use a firewall on that address/port (eg iptables) to restrict access to the relevant regions.
Since everything else is on another address/port that iptables wouldn't be restricting it wouldn't affect the other services on the same freeswitch instance.