[Freeswitch-users] mod_gsmopen - deadlock tty

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 23:25:37 MSD 2015

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Luiz Fernando Softov <
fernando at softov.com.br> wrote:

> Now, i make some changes, and until now it's running fine
>
> I think the problem was when you declare interface as dead, like line 674
> of gsmopen_protocol.cpp
>

> https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/freeswitch/browse/src/mod/endpoints/mod_gsmopen/gsmopen_protocol.cpp
>
> alarm_event(tech_pvt, ALARM_FAILED_INTERFACE, "gsmopen_serial_monitor
> failed, declaring interface dead");
> tech_pvt->active = 0;
> ->>>> tech_pvt->name[0] = '\0';
>
> You make a \0 in interface name
>
> So, when someone call remove_interface() in mod_gsmopen.cpp
>

> https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/freeswitch/browse/src/mod/endpoints/mod_gsmopen/mod_gsmopen.cpp
>
> To grab the tech_pvt, the function check for strlen or compare
> GSMOPEN_INTERFACES[interface_id].name (line 322 and 329)
>
> Then, we will not found interface (tech_pvt), because "name" is nothing

continuing, in line 336 it's check if there is a tech_pvt

> if (!tech_pvt) {
> DEBUGA_GSMOPEN("interface '%s' does not exist\n", GSMOPEN_P_LOG,
> the_interface);
>   goto end;
> }
>
> This check will jump the Close in line 385, causing a deadlock opened fd.
> res = tech_pvt->serialPort_serial_control->Close();
>
> So i comment every line when you set tech_pvt->name[0] = '\0';
>
> It's correct? Since when interface failed, and it's declared as died, the
> serial isn't closed, just marked as died, and the tty still opened causing
> a deadlock, if no one close this.

your reasoning seems sound, is the system still running ok?

Have you changed anything else?

Can you send me (to my mail, as an attach) a git diff? Or open a jira
attaching that diff?

Btw, yes, I'm interested in understanding better how your system works
(daemon, attach-detach, and all).

Also, big thanks for taking the time to look into the source code!!!

-giovanni