[Freeswitch-users] [NOTICE] : SSL Updates to FreeSWITCH.org and related Web Sites

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 24 23:30:33 MSD 2015

As part of our routing updates and upgrades to the FreeSWITCH infrastructure
we have made some changes to SSL Configurations to tighten up the security.

As of today only TLS1.2 is supported and we have dropped support for several
cipher suites that are known problematic or due to advancements in
computational power have been rendered obsolete.

What this means for you:

If you are running up to date browsers or software that uses HTTPS to
communicate with FreeSWITCH.org and its related web properties you will not
be affected.

However if you are still using older versions of web browsers there is a
possibility that would will not be able to access the websites.

Known  such as Android 4.2.X or earlier, IE 10 or earlier, Java 7u25 or
earlier and Safari 6 versions and earlier will not work.

Thanks!

The FreeSWITCH Team