[Freeswitch-users] message notification

EL fs.user at fordior.net
Sat Oct 24 15:23:49 MSD 2015

> As far as I know, xmpp does not guarantee the receipt at the client side.
> Telegram does.

As far as I know (from my own experience while I'm running my own
xmpp/jabber server) as soon as the message has been sent to the
xmpp server, it stays in the queue until one of the clients gets
online and then message will be delivered.

When the client can't establish a connection to the server, the
message stays in the queue of the client, until it succeed with
the connection to the server (this is also the case when you want
to deliver the message encrypted with OTR, but the other client
isn't online at the moment; both clients need to be online for
end-to-end encryption with OTR).

Obviously, when the clients are online, the messages are
delivered immediately.

But, maybe someone can share more in dept knowledge about this
specific situation? Some parts are also dependent on the specific
functions (modules/extension) implemented on the clients and
server side.

See for example: https://xmpp.org/xmpp-protocols/xmpp-extensions/

--
EL