[Freeswitch-users] Stereo Playback

Sam Machin sam at sammachin.com
Wed Oct 14 19:56:57 MSD 2015

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to make the playback command play a file in stereo, I have a
2 channel media session open from my client but I get a message in the log
"File has 2 channels, muxing to 1 channel will occur."

The codec is reported as : a=rtpmap:120 opus/48000/2 so I'm assuming the /2
is 2 channels right?

I got the impression that mod_stream would playback stereo MP3's too but I
couldn't seem to get that working either, any suggestions welcome the box
is purely to allow SIP clients to call in and hear a high quality stereo
stream so pretty open to options or hacking something like conference even!