[Freeswitch-users] Help building MOD_FLITE library on Ubuntu

Carlos Fererro carlos4fsint at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:52:42 MSD 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build mod_flite module on Ubuntu 14.01 and unfortunately
with no luck.
The build is looking for the FLITE engine library version 2.0.0 or higher.
And consequently suggests installing
libflite-dev library. Which I built from source
(flite-2.0.0-release.tar.bz2 tarball) as there is no FLITE library
version 2.0.0 in the official distribution available (at least I could not
find it).
Unfortunately no matter where I install the FLITE engine library I build
(by default it goes under /usr/local/..)
FreeSWITCH build doesn't seem to find it.

Needless to say I have zero problem building mod_flite module in the older
releases of the FreeSWITCH, where
FLITE library tarball (I believe it was 1.5.7) was part of the FreeSWITCH
distribution and was built automatically
as part of the FreeSWITCH build.

Seems me that FreeSWITCH wants to find an FLITE library in the form of the
shared library, not .a file as it
build from the source. Is there a solution already exists to this? As I am
sure I am not the first one with this
issue.

Greatly appreciate any help on the subject
Carlos