[Freeswitch-users] Conference vs codec sample rate and CPU

Oleg Stolyar olegstolyar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 00:29:37 MSD 2015

Hi guys,

I have a bunch of conferences on my FS.  Users are either G.711/8000 or
G.722/8000.  Conference sample rate is set to 8000.

When I switched some users to OPUS instead, the CPU consumption jumped 3-4
times even though the conference rate is still 8000.  Is this expected?

I was hoping to be able to save some CPU by setting the conference sample
rate to auto (so it only used high-quality sampling for users that can
support it)  but it seems it won't work.  Any ideas?