[Freeswitch-users] Re- FreeSWITCH call billing timers vs. BT SIP billing

Andrew Keil andrew.keil at visytel.com
Thu Nov 26 01:09:45 MSK 2015

Michael,

I very much appreciate your feedback regarding my issue in regard to billing timer positions.

I take on-board everything you have stated, however I just wondered if you could clarify one thing for me.

Since it is possible (perhaps due to bad programming design) to load a service on FreeSWITCH that catches the HUNGUP and does some code that delays ending the service (which causes an unknown delay between CHANNEL_HANGUP being detected ("BYE" message") and CHANNEL_HANGUP_COMPLETE ("200 OK" message)) then since the Telco assumes the call is complete when they send the "BYE" message why doesn't FreeSWITCH simply stop the billing timer when receiving the "BYE" (ie. CHANNEL_HANGUP event) instead of currently setting up all the billing timer variables at CHANNEL_HANGUP_COMPLETE?

This would avoid a bad service from skewing the call durations and we would be left with only RTT (which I can live with).

Since there already is a variable called variable_answerusec (which seems to contain the time from CHANNEL_ANSWER to CHANNEL_HANGUP) then why is the variable not used for all the associated billing variables?

variable_billsec, variable_billmsec, variable_billusec

Let me know your thoughts.

Andrew