[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH version 1.4.x end of life - recommendation please

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 20:57:26 MSK 2015

> You can pass PCI-DSS with proper firewall rules.

Not true. There is a lot more to PCI-DSS than passing automated pen-tests.
There are 12 controls that touch all areas and are pretty tough to maintain.

And if you use FS to take CC details via DTMF then it's very much in scope
for those controls. One example is you have to run it on a hardened OS (see
PCI DSS v3 requirement 2.2.a).

And once you've got your OS hardened you become a bit reluctant to upgrade,
because it costs time and money.

That is definitely not the FS community's problem, but it is a valid
concern of the OP.