[Freeswitch-users] Situation with freeswitch dbh + odbc (mysql) in lua

John Nash john.nash778 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 14:49:38 MSK 2015

I am calling a lua script from dialplan which does following steps ...

1- Gets freeswitch dbh handle (odbc mysql)
2- Runs a mysql stored procedure which returns balance remaining amount for
the subscriber who made call.
3- Save the amount in session variable and released dbh handle
4- Play sound files as per output received and saved in step 3

Now upto 200 calls and first 2-3 hours of start all work fine. I can see in
Database that script uses 32 connections approx at a given time (I think
connection pooling works) but suddenly connections start increasing and go
upto 300+ and because of that database stops responding and i have to kill
freeswitch to make production DB responsive again.

I am not sure where and what I should check. Can someone give me pointers
on what I can check?..Or I am doing something fundamentally wrong.

Can there be such a case where lua scripts hang and never release
connection?