[Freeswitch-users] Jitterbuffer

Josh Richesin jlrichesin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:51:10 MSK 2015

Hello,

I am running FreeSwitch for our small Wireless ISP.   Obviously, as a
wireless ISP and ITSP, we have a lot of jitter and some packet loss.  Have
a few questions for this setup.

1) What is the best codec to use when there is going to be jitter and some
packetloss?

2) The ATA's that we are using have adaptive jitter buffers, should I
enable jitterbuffer on Freeswitch as well?  If so, should it be via sofia
profiles?

The problem that I am trying to solve is this...

Our voice customers on our freeswitch have a lot of issues with "calls
breaking up"  When they use another voice provider, like say vonage or
something running off of a metaswitch, they do not have the same issues.

Any help with this would be appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Josh