[Freeswitch-users] writing to mp4 file not work

Calvin Walton calvin.walton at kepstin.ca
Fri Nov 6 23:39:10 MSK 2015

On Fri, 2015-11-06 at 10:23 -0600, Bradley Jokinen wrote:
> > [ERR] avformat.c:411 Could not open audio codec: Experimental feature
> It looks like it's trying to use the native AAC encoder instead of
> the
> VisualOn encoder. Install the libavcodec-extra package and see if it
> works after that.

One thing to note is that the native AAC encoder in ffmpeg is actually
significantly better than the VisualOn encoder in quality - see
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC
which describes the encoders the ffmpeg can use.

The issue is that enabling the native AAC encoder requires passing an
additional flag to allow the "experimental" codec. I suspect that
adding this flag would be a fairly simple patch to FreeSWITCH.

--
Calvin Walton <calvin.walton at kepstin.ca>