[Freeswitch-users] LuaSQL doesn't work in Freeswitch

Doug Vought doug.vought at gmail.com
Sun May 31 06:41:50 MSD 2015

<https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Lua+with+Database>

On this confluence page, it indicates that one can use LuaSQL to connect to
a database.

FreeSWITCH Version 1.4.18-1~64bit (-1 64bit)
Lua 5.2.1
Linux freeswitch 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.65-1+deb7u2 x86_64

Utilizing the LuaSQL-sqlite3 database connector, I will attempt to INSERT,
but the value never gets inserted.

The reason I think it is freeswitch is because utilizing the same code
(without the freeswitch hooks), the INSERT works just fine.

Here's what I'm doing:

api = freeswitch.API()
> require"luasql.sqlite3"
> env = luasql.sqlite3()
> conn = env:connect("db.db")
> session:answer()
> query = [[INSERT INTO TEST_TABLE VALUES("0000000000")]]
> session:consoleLog("info", query .. "\n")
> conn:execute(query)
> conn:commit()
> conn:close()
> env:close()
> session:hangup()

The Lua interpreter is not throwing me any errors and the dialplan ends, so
I assume it's working. I go into the database to see and nothing has been
inserted.

Also note: I did try to make sure I was taking locking into account by
giving env:connect() the appropriate millisecond value, but this did not
change anything.

If I do this same thing, but without Freeswitch involved and ran by the Lua
interpreter:

require"luasql.sqlite3"
> env = luasql.sqlite3()
> conn = env:connect("db.db")

query = [[INSERT INTO TEST_TABLE VALUES("0000000000")]]

conn:execute(query)
> conn:commit()
> conn:close()
> env:close()

 The values are inserted.

----

I am putting this here because I am assuming this is a failure on my part
and I don't want to muck up Jira if that's the case.

BUT, it would be nice to see the LuaSQL recommendation removed if doesn't
work as expected with Freeswitch.

Can anyone try this and see if they are having the same problem? Maybe we
can save a few people some time by getting that info off of the confluence
page if it's found not to work with multiple people :).

Thanks,
Doug