[Freeswitch-users] CentOS instalation problem

Matteo mbrancaleoni at voismart.it
Fri May 29 16:53:40 MSD 2015

Hi,

----- Il 29-mag-15, alle 14:30, Denis Jakovlev yadenis at seznam.cz ha scritto:

> CentOS instalation problem Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to do a clean install of this manual.
>
> https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/CentOS+7
>
> and after "make -f Makefile.centos7" I have an error.
>
> checking whether to include odbc... no
> checking for uuid >= 1.41.2... checking for uuid... configure: WARNING: libuuid
> development package highly recommended!
> setting PLATFORM_CORE_LIBS to "-ldl -lcrypt -lrt"
> checking for inflateReset in -lz... yes
> adding "-lz" to PLATFORM_CORE_LIBS
> checking for libyuv >= 0.0.1280... configure: error: You need to install
> libyuv-dev. Required library
> make: *** [freeswitch.git/Makefile] Error 1

Nothing,

simply there's something to be addressed when building in non-debian distros.

Right now the only answer is to build & compile libyuv (and others) by yourself,
and then build FS.

Check https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-7553 for what is going on.

Pay attention that some libs may conflict with installed ones, like libvpx .

You may check also
https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/SD

to checkout the specs, create the needed rpms and try.

I would say as today building FS (with video) outside debian is not for the faint of heart :)

Hopefully the FS team will build everything for us, but needs some time I guess.

Personally I'm trying to figure out why not including the libs inside FS
like in the past... at least the most problematic ones.

After all (like libvpx) libs have moved out of tree, but they conflict,
so gets renamed and rebuilt as a specific packages...

By not leveraging on distro libs, is not simpler to keep them inside?

Just my 2c :)

Reagards,
Matteo