[Freeswitch-users] Should I switch to Debian?

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Wed May 20 02:50:53 MSD 2015

I build from source because I'm one of the core devs, but end users cant
NOT be expected to do that, I'd love to have FreeSWITCH in multiple linux
distros, and we're working on exactly that.  Anyone wishing to help in that
area could join us on tomorrows ClueCon Weekly,  We'll be talking about 1.6
and some of these items.

Also there are companies that will not use source due to policies.

Thanks,

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 4:54 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
wrote:

> My personal view is that distro packaging for Freeswitch, Asterisk,
> Kamailio, and most OSS VoIP elements is unreliable, inconsistent and
> lopsided, so the only viable approach is to build these things from source,
> always. This allows one to maintain granular version controland to apply
> ‎patches as needed.
>
> If you just forget packaging and learn to love the source, you'll obviate
> a vast category of problems and not waste time on fighting with packages.
> It also has the positive side effect that you can support pretty much any
> server distribution. Debian, CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu server, who cares?
>
>  --
> 303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
> Atlanta, GA 30346
> United States
>
> Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry.

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com

ClueCon 2015 Call for Speakers <https://www.cluecon.com/call-for-speakers/> |
Register <https://freeswitch.com/cart.php?gid=1> TODAY! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest