[Freeswitch-users] Playing multiple files in lua script

Abaci B abaci64 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 03:15:56 MSD 2015

no idea about timer=soft issues on centos, I switched from centos to debian
when the core devs switch as I like to be on the platform best supported.
as far as usig streamFile over playback it gives you more control if you
need handling of DTMF (or speech recognition) and iirc using playback will
give you more logs

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 6:13 PM, John Nash <john.nash778 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually streamfile and playing using "!" (file_string") also had same
> issue. But this is solved when I used rtp-timer-name = soft . before I was
> using rtp-timer-name = none. I read in some posts that timer = soft causes
> performance issues in centos 6. Do you have any idea about this?
>
> also is Session:streamfile different from session:playback in some
> way?...which should be preferred?
>

> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 3:07 AM, Abaci B <abaci64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> is there anything in the logs when this happens?
>> any reason not to play the files using
>> file-string:///path/to/file1!/path/to/file2!/path/to/file3 ? not sure if it
>> would mke a difference but you could try.
>> did you also try if you see the same behavior when doing
>> session:streamFile("/path/to/file1") instead of session:execute("playback",
>> "/path/to/file1")
>>

>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 5:22 PM, John Nash <john.nash778 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to play some native files (Preencoded) in lua script and
>>> calling the lua script in dialpan like below..
>>>
>>> session:execute("playback", <path to file1>);
>>> session:execute("playback", <path to file2>);

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org