[Freeswitch-users] DNS resolving is not checking /etc/hosts

Dmitry Saratsky simpot at gmail.com
Wed May 13 18:13:45 MSD 2015

Hi,

I have some gateway configured on my FS by hostname:
17:08 fs:~# grep proxy /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/sip_profiles/ext-ipv4/20*
    <param name="proxy" value="sip.domain.com"/>
17:09 fs:~#

This domain is not resolvable over internet, so I configured ip for this
domain in system's (CentOS 6.6 x64) /etc/hosts file.

For some reason it looks like FS is not checking this file, but trying to
resolve the host directly from DNS servers configured in /etc/resolv.conf...

Is there any way to tell FS to check /etc/hosts as well?

Thanks,
Dmitry.