[Freeswitch-users] Improving voice quality

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Wed May 13 02:00:01 MSD 2015

Are you sure what you are hearing is not just the noise gate? (squelch in
old school radio terms)

As far as audio quality goes it should blow hangouts away.... Of course as
with anything running on commodity shared virtual server hosting your
mileage will vary.

On 5/12/15, 2:44 PM, "Adam Ben-Ayoun" <adam.ben.ayoun1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We tried on c4.4xlarge with dedicated tenancy and it's pretty much the same.
> Any special config you applied to the machine? I am using CentOS 6.
>
> On 12 May 2015 at 21:04, Oleg Stolyar <olegstolyar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have you tried it with non-mobile WebRTC clients?  Is there the same problem?
>>
>> I am using mod_conference on FS hosted on AWS m3.xlarge instance and I have
>> not noticed audio problem.  But my WebRTC clients are not mobile but rather
>> Chrome on PCs.
>>
>> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Adam Ben-Ayoun <adam.ben.ayoun1 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> We are using Freeswitch as a audio "MCU" for WebRTC using mod_conference, we
>>> are currently using mobile clients on both Android and iOS. The voice
>>> quality is good but not as good as Hangouts for example, there are small
>>> cut-offs every now and then that affects the overall experience. We are
>>> trying to understand the reason for that, maybe it's Freeswitch mixing
>>> algorithm, our servers infrastructure, or something else. We did tried Janus
>>> audio conference demo and it was very good (we used chrome on Android which
>>> should use pretty much the same stack). We really need help figuring this
>>> out. I want to first make sure it's not our infrastructure (mainly
>>> network/CPU). We are using virtualized m3.large on AWS (2 vCPUs and 7.5GB

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org
>>> http://www.cluecon.com
>>>
>>> FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
>>> http://www.freeswitch.org