[Freeswitch-users] DTMF relay with INFO across bridge

Sharath Kumar Sharath.Kumar at meZocliq.com
Mon May 4 22:07:40 MSD 2015

Hi,

I looked around in the mailing list and don't see any conclusive solution to this problem.

I have a setup like this below.

Webrtc client -----FS----sonus gateway.

The Webrtc client is sending INFO as DTMF. The FS currently bridges the call to the gateway and in the outbound leg uses rfc2833.

Problem: Some calls suffer from missing DTMF and repeated duplicate DTMF.

Solution: Use INFO all through to sonus gateway ?

How do I achieve this ?
In the internal profile if I change the "dtmf-type" to "info". Nothing really happens, it still sends rfc2833 dtmf.    I believe it is because of "liberal-dtmf" is "true".[accept any but always offer rfc2833] But if I change "liberal-dtmf" to "false". I get "channel is not configured to use info dtmf".

Is this a bug ? Is there any way around it ?

Any input much appreciated.
Thank you,
Sharath