[Freeswitch-users] Question re: local_ip_v4

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 19:59:50 MSD 2015

OK

Within the file:   conf/directory/default.xml    I specifically defined the   <domain name="192.168.nn.nn">    to be the 'inside' IP which the SIP phones are to use.

And in the  conf/sip_profiles/internal.xml    I defined
       sip-ip  <==  'inside' IP
       rtp-ip  <==  'inside' IP

      ext-sip-ip   <==  'outside' IP
      ext-rtp-ip   <==  'outside' IP

Just in case I also put the same definitions into   conf/sip_profiles/external.xml

After a FS ReStart I still only see FS_CLI (sofia status) referring to the 'outside'  IP

And on doing a ReStart of the SIP phone, I still get the same error message as before as seen on FS_CLI
      Can't find user [105 at 192.168.nn.nn]  from <the phone's IP address>
      You must define a domain called  <FS 'inside' IP address 192.168.nn.nn>  in your directory and add a user with the ID '105' attribute
      and you must configure your device to use the proper domain in its authentication credentials

Obviously I am still missing something.

Suggestions?

Thanks
TF