[Freeswitch-users] eliminating fax header line

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Thu Mar 26 15:11:19 MSK 2015

Just for the records:

With current Freeswitch I could eleminate the Fax header line completely
by patching

/usr/src/freeswitch/src/mod/applications/mod_spandsp/mod_spandsp.c
        spandsp_globals.ident = "SpanDSP Fax Ident";
        spandsp_globals.header = "SpanDSP Fax Header";

        spandsp_globals.ident = "";
        spandsp_globals.header = "";

Then you can set fax_ident='', fax_header='' in your dialstring and get
an empty header

Diff for this:

diff mod_spandsp.c mod_spandsp.c.org
518,519c518,519
<       spandsp_globals.ident = "";
<       spandsp_globals.header = "";
---
>       spandsp_globals.ident = "SpanDSP Fax Ident";
>       spandsp_globals.header = "SpanDSP Fax Header";

Best regards
Peter

On 05/28/14 22:29, Bruce Lefko wrote:
> Hi Michael.
>
> I tried the '  ', but same thing: the parameter does not show up as
> parsed and the harcoded default is what is used.
>

> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Bruce Lefko <blefko5361 at gmail.com
> <mailto:blefko5361 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Steve.
>
>     I checked into the legality of removing the header line, and it
>     turns out this is only a problem for advertisements, which we are
>     not doing.
>
>     As far as getting the header removed, I tried doing the following:
>
>     originate
>     {ignore_early_media=true,absolute_codec_string='PCMU,PCMA',fax_enable_t38=true,fax_verbose=true,fax_use_ecm=true,fax_enable_t38_request=true,origination_caller_id_number='A
>     CALLER ID',origination_caller_id_name='A CALLER ID
>     NAME',call_timeout=120,fax_ident='a fax
>     ident',fax_header=}sofia/gateway/outbound/+15555555555
>     &txFax('/tmp/sample.tiff')
>
>     Even if I remove the default headers in spandsp.conf.xml and
>     fax.conf.xml I still get "SpanDSP Fax Header".  I noticed that
>     this is hardcoded in
>     "src/mod/applications/mod_spandsp/mod_spandsp.c" line 527.
>
>     Am I not passing the null string properly somehow via originate?
>      I noticed in my logs that there are many lines for
>     "switch_event.c:1661 Parsing variable" for my other parameters,
>     but not for my fax_header parameter.
>
>     Thanks!
>

>     On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Bruce Lefko <blefko5361 at gmail.com
>     <mailto:blefko5361 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         I'd like to completely eliminate the header line sent at the
>         top of each fax page using spandsp.  i've set fax-header to a
>         null string, but that doesn't seem to be removing it, and it
>         defaults back to 'Spandsp fax header'.  This seems to be the
>         default in the source code in 1.2.
>
>         What do I have to do to eliminate the header line?  Do I have
>         to make changes to freeswitch source?
>
>         Thanks!

> FreeSWITCH-powered IP PBX: The CudaTel Communication Server
> http://www.cudatel.com

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

With kind regards
Peter Steinbach