[Freeswitch-users] Polycom headache

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Tue Mar 24 18:25:11 MSK 2015

I am deeply sorry, I've hit send too early. Damn Gmail...

Guys, I am sure most of you have been through this but this is my first
time. I am having a HOLD problem with Polycom where they refuse to work
according to the "new" RFC3624 using SDP a attributes (sendonly/recvonly)
to indicate hold and keep sending 0.0.0.0 as the old RFC2543. I guess this
is a known thing since I've found several hits on Google about it and they
even created an option for it on their provisioning material.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work. No matter what I set on the
voIpProt.SIP.useRFC2543hold option, it still sends 0.0.0.0 as follows:

v=0
o=- 1167669703 1167669704 IN IP4 0.0.0.0
s=Polycom IP Phone
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
t=0 0
m=audio 2228 RTP/AVP 8 101
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

I've also looked into FS code and I've found something on the lines of, but
this is not kicking in either (granted, I am using 1.4.14 still and I
really don't believe FS should cope with this crap either).

if ((sdp->sdp_connection && sdp->sdp_connection->c_address && !strcmp(sdp->
> sdp_connection->c_address, "0.0.0.0"))) {
> switch_log_printf(SWITCH_CHANNEL_SESSION_LOG(session), SWITCH_LOG_WARNING,
> "RFC2543 from March 1999 called; They want their 0.0.0.0 hold method
> back.....\n");
> sendonly = 2; /* global sendonly always wins */
> }

So, why am I coming to this ML for help? I wanted to know how did you guys
figure this out, is there an exact firmware version where Polycom has this
figured out or is it one of those long lasting ones that Polycom never
cares to address?

And btw, I tried with UC software version 4.0.8 and 4.0.7.

Thank you,
João Mesquita