[Freeswitch-users] XML and HTTP engines or libraries

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:52:34 MSK 2015

Abdul,

if your expected call rate is not too big, you can utilize mod_perl or
mod_lua or mod_python to take the control of a call and do all necessary
lookups in external databases.

I'm doing that for a small application server, and it works great: a
1300-lines Perl script loads and makes several SELECT's from local
MySQLserver, and then performs the dialplan applications, like playing
audio and waiting for DTMF input. The whole initialization, including
database access, takes approximately 8-10ms. Of course it would not survive
thousands calls per minute, but works perfectly for the actual task.

As a more scalable solution, you may utilize ESL and control the calls from
an external daemon. Then you are completely flexible in designing it in a
scalable and resilient way.