[Freeswitch-users] Multilanguages in dialplan and voicemail

Darcy Primrose fs at voice2net.ca
Fri Mar 20 15:30:41 MSK 2015

had a similar problem with french, here is what I found that works great for us.

This did not work until I copied the sounds.xml file and the voicemail_ivr.xml file from /lang/en directory to fr directory.  Probably you could just modify it but this was easy.
The sounds.xml file in the fr directory was using speak_text instead of playing wav files and was looking for tts or cepstral.  I also had to modify the tree to the French wav files like so/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds/fr/us/callieWe deploy freeswitch into a bilingual market, so this need to work out of the boxNot sure if this is 100% the correct way to do it, but it does work.Darcy