[Freeswitch-users] Disable Re-INVITE on REFER ?

Patrick Shea patrick.shea at citrix.com
Tue Mar 17 20:02:39 MSK 2015

​I am seeing 2 problems that I can't seem to find the answers to. I've scoured the Freeswitch Wiki (old), Confluence, and the users list.

I have 2 SIP calls bridge through Freeswitch - they are CONTROL channels, so no media is negotiated. A Leg is SIP over Websockets, B Leg is SIP.

SIPjs (WS)  <---- A Leg ---> Freeswitch  <---- B Leg ---> EP

The problem I have is in some cases I get a REFER from the EP to transfer the call somewhere else, and this results in a Re-INVITE from Freeswitch to the SIPjs client. (Ideally, I'd like to "skip" this re-Invite and just bridge the A-leg to the new AP).

Problem 1.
Freeswitch sends media in the SDP of the Re-INVITE. This doesn't look right to me, but I assume using some local codecs specified somewhere.
      m=audio 28692 RTP/AVP 0 8
      a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
      a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
Can I disable these and just send the original m= line received for the initial call?
      m=application 28118 udp as

Problem 2.
SIPjs doesn't support Re-INVITE, yet, so it responds with 488 Unacceptable Here. At this point, Freeswitch, drops the A leg and the transfer fails. I can't find a solution to work around this - any ideas?

Like I said, Ideally I'd like to skip the re-INVITE altogether. Currently debugging SOFIA to see how this can be done - is there a parameter already somewhere that I am overlooking?

Thanks
Patrick