[Freeswitch-users] Perl ESL not responding !

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 04:06:27 MSK 2015

Hi all,

I'm feeling stupid for asking this question related to ESL. It has worked
for me always but I've a new installation where I've compiled perl ESL
library and when I try to make test scripts run they don't do anything at
all.

The perl code accepts the ESL library, executes the ESLConnection()
function but afterwards any command I send is not seen on the ESL socket !

Here is one of the test scripts from freeswitch source:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use lib '/usr/src/freeswitch/libs/esl/perl';
require ESL;

my $command = shift;
my $args = join(" ", @ARGV);

my $con = new ESL::ESLconnection("localhost", "8021", "ClueCon");
if (! $con) { die "Unable to establish connection to $host:$port\n"; }
$con->events("plain","all");
while ( $con->connected() ) {
    my $e = $con->recvEventTimed(0);
    print $e->serialize;
}

It just doesn't go in the while() loop. No $con established but no error as
well !

I tried "telnet" to the 8021 port and only then I see packets on port 8021.

I know that there is something fishy with the perl ESL compilation but that
didn't gave any error either and created the required ESL.so w/o
complaining !

Can anyone help me on figuring out what I've missed ?

Best Regards,
Sammy