[Freeswitch-users] Aastra 9133i phones Intercom/AutoAnswer w/FreeSWITCH

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 17:15:15 MSK 2015

Hello,

My current challenge is getting the  AutoAnswer to work on the 9133i phones to support Intercom functionality.

Within the   conf/dialplan/default.xml file  I am basically using the FreeSWITCH default settings
        <extension name = "extension-intercom">
            <condition field = "destination_number" expression = "^8(1[012][0-9])|8(10[012][0-9])$">   <!-- 3 or 4 digit extensions -->
                <action application = "set" data = "dialed_extension=$1"/>
                <action application = "export" data = "sip_auto_answer=true"/>
                <action application = "bridge" data = "user/${dialed_extension}@${domain_name}"/>
            </condition>
        </extension>

The AutoAnswer is working on the single Aastra 6731i phone that I have in the system, but not on any of the 9133i phones.

This is in spite of both phone models have the  Auto-Answer parameter set in their individual internal configurations.
   9133i:    Incoming Intercom Settings --  Auto-Answer  -- Enabled
   6731i:    Incoming Intercom Settings --  Auto-Answer  -- Enabled

NOTE - the 9133i extension's will ring, but not go into the AutoAnswer/Speaker/Intercom mode

While searching the web for an answer I came across an old posting (Feb 11, 2011) where  Tim St. Pierre  indicates that he has a relatively large FreeSWITCH phone system incorporating a number of Aastra models.  He goes on to say that he has   Intercom calls (auto-answer to speaker phone)   working on the 9133i phones (among others)

I'd appreciate any advice anyone might have so that I can get the FreeSWITCH Intercom auto-answer working on the 9133i  phones as well.

Thanks,
TF