[Freeswitch-users] ESL object taking large memory

DP Siddharth dp.siddharth at eng.knowlarity.com
Tue Mar 10 16:20:10 MSK 2015

Hi All,

I am working on python/esl based server. We are seeing memory getting
increase by ~6.5MB when con = ESLconnection() get called.

We tried to cleanup this object as soon calls gets complete, but somehow we
are not successful.

Further looking into esl/src/include/esl.h we found

#define BUF_CHUNK 65536 * 50
#define BUF_START 65536 * 100

modifying these values help in controlling python server memory growth.

Can someone help me in understanding why we have this buffer size of 6.5MB?

--
Thanks & Regards,
D P Siddharth

*"Come together to build a lasting world-class cloud telephony company that
helps businesses grow"*