[Freeswitch-users] Getting FS to place Outbound calls

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 23:49:13 MSK 2015

Your FreeSWITCH note came to me in 'digest' mode with other postings.
So I think that this Reply will likely start a new thread when I hoped that it would not.
So my apologies if this doesn't work as desired.

Regardless, it seems like whenever I find a problem and report, I subsequently find a more basic problem which likely results in that which I reported.

Anyway, I still cannot get my Outbound calls to work.
But at a more basic level, I find that when I do:   sofia status    I see that my gateway ( velocity-outbound ) is being reported as  NOREG   which I assume to be Not Registered and therefore Will Not Work.

                                   Name          Type                                       Data      State
                            external-ipv6       profile   sip:mod_sofia@[2002:6b01:26bd::6b01:26bd]:5080        RUNNING (0)
        external-ipv6::example.com     gateway                    sip:joeuser at example.com           NOREG
external-ipv6::velocity-outbound        gateway               sip:FreeSWITCH@<SIP IP Here>      NOREG
                         <FS IP Here>        alias                                   internal                             ALIASED
                                   external      profile            sip:mod_sofia@<FS IP Here>:5080           RUNNING (0)
             external::example.com       gateway                    sip:joeuser at example.com           NOREG
         external::velocity-outbound      gateway               sip:FreeSWITCH@<SIP IP Here>      NOREG
                             internal-ipv6       profile   sip:mod_sofia@[2002:6b01:26bd::6b01:26bd]:5060        RUNNING (0)
                                   internal       profile            sip:mod_sofia@<FS IP Here>:5060           RUNNING (0)

I contacted my SIP line vendor and ran a test.
It seems that in spite of my using   external-ipv6.xml   they saw the INVITE come in from my FreeSWITCH and they responded with a 200 OK
But they never saw anything else come back to them after that with which to complete the 'handshake'

Interesting enough within    external-ipv6.xml    I modified it so that it would  <gateways>  would include nothing
And within   external.xml   I added the  <gateways>  to include:
     <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="include" data="external/outbound_via_velocity.xml"/>
After which I did a full Restart on the FreeSWITCH service

And in spite of that I still see in the freeswitch.log:
    Added gateway 'velocity-outbound' to profile 'external-ipv6'

This is a total guess, but I assume that I need to see the    velocity-outbound   gateway that I am trying to use show up as a  REG  before I can go any further.

If that is correct, how/where would I look to find out what is wrong?

BTW:   In the conf\dialplan\default    directory  I did set the other plan's extensions to  .txt  so that they would be ignored.

Thanks
TF