[Freeswitch-users] originating a call from event socket

Royce Mitchell III royce3 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 09:45:24 MSK 2015

okay, I got some ideas from your sample scripts, thanks!

My challenge is the agent is already on a call in a callcenter queue. so
initiating a new call to the agent isn't going to work.

I just tried this, and it looks like it works:

<new-uuid> = create_uuid
originate {origination_uuid=<new-uuid>}loopback/<agent> &park()
uuid_setvar <new-uuid> toll_allow domestic,local
uuid_transfer <new-uuid> <destination>

next step, which I will test tomorrow, will be to add this to the above:

uuid_setvar <agent-uuid> transfer_after_bridge 7777
bridge <agent-uuid> <new-uuid>

I hear that loopback is evil. I will analyze the cdr and see just how evil
it is. Is there a cleaner way to do this? 7777 is supposed to put the agent
back into the call queue when the call ends, which is working fine for
inbound calls

Royce Mitchell, IT Consultant
ITAS Solutions
royce3 at itas-solutions.com