[Freeswitch-users] Running LUA script asynchronously?

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:00:46 MSD 2015

you can have an ESL listener, subscribing to the channel initiation
event (CHANNEL_CALLSTATE or CHANNEL_ANSWER), or you can use the
"system" application which would run a small shell script, and that
script would start a process in background.

The first option is much safer. In the second option, you need to
watch out that the process UID and priority are not destroying the
system.