[Freeswitch-users] sched_hangup update within active call

Kamil Nigmatullin kamil.nigmatullin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:33:23 MSD 2015

> In my view, and with my experiance it is not a good idea to be connected
> to FS all time.

Why? For whole call life control is good approach, because external
application know all information about call state and events.  Or all
events external application, that receives and fires events to FS  - this
is my way.

I thought this way as well. But when I tried to make stress test for 50cps
300 concurrent, I had some unclosed calls. So then I moved almost  code to
LUA. And only some commands like originate or reschedules of hangup left on
ESL. And I was afraid by how traffic between FS and external program is
huge.

Better to use one time connection to execute some commands.

Hmm, this takes extra overhead for creation\closing connections. By the
way, for outbound socket connection FS use persistent connection or per
event connection ?
I thing this overhead is nothing comparing to all events that FS sends to
your external program.

By the way, for outbound socket connection FS use persistent connection or
per event connection ?
It is not by Event. In Inbound Socket I think it is the only connection you
have for all calls and events.

--
Kamil Nigmatullin
Tel: 77272323748