[Freeswitch-users] Call quality assurance

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 02:23:51 MSD 2015

Michael, as far as I understand it, it works as follows:

timerfd is a kernel's means of providing the system clock to the
userland process (freeswitch daemon in our case).

The kernel takes the clock from one of available sources, and these
sources are either physical or software clocks:

# cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
tsc hpet acpi_pm
# cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
tsc

So, TSC was giving stable results, while HPET, although expected to be
more precise, was generating errors while the CPU was busy with other
jobs.