[Freeswitch-users] Serving Verto HTML from a different server

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:55:27 MSD 2015

The only requirement is that the cert on FS is trusted.  The html can come
from anywhere.

If its not a trusted cert the wss connection will silently fail.  This is
because there is no dialog asking you to trust the cert on wss connections
so they just PUNT and don't even log an error.  I opened a bug a year ago
mentioning ot and they said thats working as designed.

So the only way to make untrusted certs work is to make an https request to
the wss port one time and agree to manually trust it.  Therefore, serving
that same cert for the html serves the same perpose of manually trusting
the cert before making the wss connection.  With trusted certs, html and
wss can be entirelly different.

--
Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH