[Freeswitch-users] how to improve the performance of Web RTC?

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.co.uk
Fri Jul 10 17:44:28 MSD 2015

You absolutely can use SIP.js, and infact I do. There are bugs, of course,
but all software has bugs. It seems like the scare-mongering about how
awful SIP in the browser is is more of a marketing effort for Verto than
reality.

Verto may be great, and given the FreeSWITCH core team's track record of
quality I don't doubt it, but it's not the great saviour that will fix all
of your problems while making you a cup of tea, nor is SIP.js the devil
that should be avoided at all costs.

There are tradeoffs to be made on both sides, and I've used SIP.js on
several occasions and been very happy with my choice.

More specifically, it's very unlikely that your choice of signalling
protocol will impact the stability of media flow. The suggestion to switch
to Verto in this case seems premature.